Monday, February 16, 2009

California, Here We Come!

Nine bucks should be the price for every shirt.
Fuck expensive counter-culture.

With that aside, I've made a new playlist on my Ipod. Before I tell you what it contains, I'll tell you how I came to get the idea and the title for this entry.
My dear friend had recently discovered a band that has become one of our new favorites. Titus Andronicus is the name and good trashy rock n roll is their game (I highly recommend them). Well that same friend who showed me the band showed me a video they made of their tour this past fall. Like their music, the video is very enjoyable and I also recommend it for a good chuckle or two (http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/download/149166-pitchforktv-titus-andronicus-absolute-zero-video). Ironically enough, I have a friend who is cousins with one of the guys in the band...but I digress.

In the video they have a sing-a-long as they enter California, (guess what song) and it got me thinking about sing-a-longs and accessible music that everyone knows. I know that everytime I get into a car with someone who may not like all the obscure things I do, I have to search my Ipod for these songs. So why not put them all in one place? Therefore I went through my entire library and made the "Sing-A-Longs for the Everyman" playlist. It contains seventy songs as of now (everything from Wonderwall to Hey Ya! to Hakuna Matata) but I plan on adding more that I don't have on my Ipod yet. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Mandables & DJ Bender said...

I'm sorry to hear you actually lost your sunglasses.

My condolences.


(on that note, just checking to make sure you have i wear my sunglasses at night on the list)